Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Thing 6
I chose to look at youtube http://www.youtube.com/ which is a site I am somewhat familiar with. I use youtube all the time to watch music videos and I have also had to use it for one of my classes. I think it is a great way for people to find videos to use. For instance, I am going to be an English teacher and I am going to have to teach parts of speech, so I looked up a video that was a rap song about parts of speech which would be a good way to hook the kids and get them interested in what they are going to learn. I also thought it was a great way to incorporate teaching into my online class that I was taking. I had to record myself teaching a lesson then upload it to youtube and my teacher then watched and graded it. Youtube is just a great way to show case things and an easy way to find useful videos as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I liked your ideas for uses of youtube in the classroom. I had not really thought about it before, but it could be a great way to differentiate instruction and "hook", as you said, the kids, getting them to pay more attention, and, as a result, more likely to remember the information because it was presented in a non-tradtional way. Very good!
ReplyDelete